Living in the Roaring Fork Valley of Colorado is inspiring. From outdoor activities like hiking, biking, and skiing, to arts, culture, and great dining, the area has it all. Whether you are relocating or are a long time local, RM Construction is here to help you navigate the construction process.
Our portfolio includes 1500 sq. ft. to 10,000+ sq. ft. custom mountain homes. As locals, we can help you understand the area — the uniqueness of each town from Aspen to Glenwood Springs — so that we can help you make the right choices for your specific lifestyle needs. One of the biggest and earliest decision is location. Here are five important considerations:
1. Site selection in the mountains includes many factors unique to the terrain. It includes the type of view you want, how much sunshine you’ll get over nearby peaks, whether there are lakes or rivers nearby, and what kinds of outdoor recreation you can enjoy right from your doorstep. All of these can have a significant impact on the way you build your home.
2. Community life is a deliberate choice in the mountains. How does your mountain home connect with the local community? Are you part of town life with several neighbors? Maybe you prefer more privacy with a considerable drive from the main road? If so, will that work when the snows come?
3. Mountain land evaluation involves factors such as the constantly varying topography and drainage, the different soil types and tree coverage, and the sun exposure that your home would receive throughout a typical day. You need to know whether third parties hold any natural resource rights, including water rights, which may complicate your use of the land under Colorado laws.
4. Building materials, techniques, and technologies suitable for the mountain location you select can cost more but are often used for foundations, insulation, and energy management. They usually add value and reduce operating costs, paying for themselves fairly quickly.
5. Local government and HOA requirements in effect in some mountain communities can subject the land to significant building restrictions. As local builders, we understand local zoning requirements, HOA requirements, and CC&R in area communities and can help navigate them.
From Aspen to Glenwood Springs, we help people build the mountain home of their dreams. Our experience and detailed local knowledge help put your mountain setting to the best use in a home of your own design. As long-term builders, we understand the challenges and opportunities of building in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. From individual homes to residential projects, mountain cabins to grand lodges, we keep an eye on the details and help you build the home of your dreams.